Tuesday 26 October 2010

So.. they like me!  They really like me.  :)  
I’ve sold my first few hoodies.. one is shipped and paid for, and two more are spoken for and ready to go.  I can’t believe how much fun this is.  I’m neglecting my other businesses (you know, the ones where I actually see a profit margin) because all I want to do is make hoodies.  I suppose I should just go with it.  This energy won’t last forever.
I made a second purple flower fairy hoodie since I got such great responses from the first one.  I had kind of mixed feelings.. I hadn’t re-made any hoodies before.. was it going to be boring?  Turn into assembly line work?  Was I just creating a sweatshop for myself?
Turns out, my fears were unfounded, at least so far.  I had a delightful time making the second one.  I was able to circumvent a few problems I’d run into the first time.  I came up with a slightly better way of doing the triple layer sleeves.  And this new one hangs a little better in the front when it’s open.  
I also have two more ideas I want to incorporate into future versions of this hoodie.. I want to change the embroidery on the hood, and I want to incorporate a pocket somewhere.. maybe on the sleeve, ipod-style.  I want to be able to carry my ID or my phone, but big pockets just won’t work without ruining the lines of this hoodie.
I’m already daydreaming about cutting a third one.  Also, since the first two sold so quickly, I might have to make a fourth, just in case I sell another one - I think I want one of these to keep!
But, I keep having new ideas too.  Maybe there needs to be two of me.

0 comments :

Post a Comment