Tuesday 5 October 2010

On Sunday night my car was broken into.  They bent the door right back and now it's not safe to drive until we get a new door and is certainly not weather proof or secure!

So this week if I need to go anywhere I either have to get a lift from someone OR I have to use the bus.  I don't mind using the bus, I still have my free pass from when my driving licence was revoked for 6 months due to the sleep apnoea, and as long as my journey doesn't start before 9am I can use that and don't have to pay.

But one of the things about using public transport is that you see the best of people and you see the worst of people.

For instance, this morning in less than 5 minutes I went from hearing a parent yell at their young child to "#*%!#£$%*&! Shut UP" to hearing a conversation between a little boy (probably only 4 or 5) and an older lady.  She was explaining to him that she wanted the driver to hurry up and get back because she needed to get to the train station to catch her train which was leaving in 10 minutes.  I couldn't help smiling as I heard him tell her she didn't need to worry because if she missed her train he would chase after it and make it come back!

The worst of people's behaviour and the best of people's behaviour.

0 comments :

Post a Comment