Friday 1 October 2010

I'm not confident enough in my camera or computer to do a Haul video but I can at least make a Haul blog post and boy did I get some bargains!

I was heading over to Wales for a couple of nights doing some talks in Schools over there for a charity I volunteer for and decided to pop into a couple of different craft shopping places on the way.  The first was a garden centre with a fairly decent craft section.  I had something specific in mind!  I wanted to get a set of unmounted alphabet stamps.  I already have about 3 sets in different sizes but wanted another set or two.

So I wandered into the craft section and WOW there was a whole corner of slightly older supplies marked to £40 worth of supplies for £15.  basically there were baskets and calculators for you to work out when you had £40 worth and then they would bag it up for £15.  And yes, you guessed it there were unmounted alphabet stamps in there!  So I got 3 sets!


As you can see I also got an unmounted background stamps set from the Victoria and Albert Museum collection, a couple of sets of the velvet rub ons from Laura Ashley and some alphabet stickers in different fonts. To top all that off one of the alphabet sets had an acrylic block that was longer and narrower, perfect for stamping words or phrases.  Oh and one thing I forgot to put in the photo, I also got a pack of paper raffia in shades of blue.

Then I headed on a slight detour into a town that is more or less on the way because they have a QVC outlet store.  Oh yes, everything that gets returned to QVC or items that they have over ordered end up in here.  A lot of the stuff isn't actually that much of a bargain but occasionally certain items will get majorly reduced and I got all of THIS for less than £6.


It was highly amusing shopping in there because there was a couple in the craft section and she had 2 baskets full of stuff and he was saying things like "D'you think if I threw myself at the corner of this shelving unit you might release me from this torture" and "the circulation has been cut off to my arms carrying all this stuff for you" and "can't you just have children woman, it would be cheaper."  It was all said in a very light hearted manner, so I looked at her and said "I won't tell him I just got £40 of stuff for £15 at ___" and named the store I had just come from.  Oh my word, you should have seen the look on his face! BWAHAHAHAAA.

The papers in the set on the right are single sided with 4 of each paper.  The other two rows of papers, centre and left, are double sided with two of each, so you've got a picture of each there.  Top that off with 2 full sheets of stickers, plus various other sticker sheets and chipboard bits and pieces.  Then 2 packs of 4 wood mounted background stamps.  ALL THAT for less than £6!

Oh yes, I had a good day!

0 comments :

Post a Comment