Sunday 19 December 2010

holy experience

Here is my entry for this week's Thankfulness journey, in no particular order, I am thankful for . . . .

241. The wonderful walk down to church with hubby in the snow, to drop off a couple of things I had forgotten to take earlier in the week.

242. the beautiful sky we saw as we walked back from the shops in the snow later that day.

243. The blessing of a company that provides for a Christmas party for its employees.

244. And the ability to make the decision not to go because of the weather, and be able to let someone know so that someone who lived closer and did want to go could get the chance.

245. "You'd make a good camel."

246.  The opportunity to bless schools with cookie trays for the teachers and other staff.

247.  The Thank Yous that came as a result of those trays.

248.  2 new schools in the last few weeks wanting to take the assembly talks that I offer, fantastic news!

249.  The opportunity to share on local radio about Operation Christmas Child and share the awesome shoebox world website details.

250.  The fact that we have a supermarket less than 15 minutes walk from our house, so that when we do not really want to take the car out for snow or other reasons, we can walk down the road and pick up what we need.

251.  Special Treat trays for church family and the fun I had putting them together.

252.  A reminder of why it's important to be thankful.  This is something I found on someone else's blog back in 2007.  Because that blog is no longer active I do not have an author for this piece, but if anyone does know who wrote it I am more than happy to give credit.

Dear GOD:

I want to thank You for what you have already done.
I am not going to wait until I see results or receive rewards;
I am thanking you right now.
I am not going to wait until I feel better or things look better;
I am thanking you right now.
I am not going to wait until people say they are sorry or until they stop talking about me;
I am thanking you right now.
I am not going to wait until the pain in my body disappears;
I am thanking you right now.
I am not going to wait until my financial situation improves;
I am going to thank you right now.
I am not going to wait until the children are asleep and the house is quiet;
I am going to thank you right now.
I am not going to wait until I get promoted at work or until I get the job;
I am going to thank you right now.
I am not going to wait until I understand every experience in my life that has caused me pain or grief;
I am thanking you right now.
I am not going to wait until the journey gets easier or the challenges are removed;
I am thanking you right now.
I am thanking you because I am alive.
I am thanking you because I made it through the day's difficulties.
I am thanking you because I have walked around the obstacles.
I am thanking you because I have the ability and the opportunity to do more and do better.
I'm thanking you because FATHER, YOU haven't given up on me.

If you wish to participate in blogging about your list of 1000 gifts, head on over to a holy experience, by clicking on the banner at the top of this post.

0 comments :

Post a Comment