Thursday 30 December 2010

I had been looking at my craft desk and the fact that I wanted to buy some more paints but had absolutely no more space to store them.

I had thought about getting some shelves to mount on the wall that were quite shallow front to back and just wide enough to fit the space I had, but couldn't find anything.


Ignore the cd rack on the right, I should have moved that before I took the photo.  I wanted something to fit where the clipboard and treasure map were, and maybe go a bit further up the wall.  As I said, I had no luck finding anything.
Then I remembered that IKEA cd rack that I had in my bedroom.  You can see that I have fitted pieces of thick card to act as shelves and my plan was to just fit two of those next to each other and one the other way around beneath them.  That plan was scuppered by the fact that my local IKEA only stocks the dvd version of that rack not the cd one.

My wonderful hubby then suggested that I look on the Argos website to see if they came up with anything and the solution was found.


And he was awesome and fitted it up for me.


Sorry, I can't resist showing you how awesome he is when he does little things like this for me. Please ignore the spelling mistake on the photo, since I didn't save the original I can't seem to change it.  Oh well.  Consider this a lesson in proof reading!

And now some photos of what it is like now:





I have a number of pens that need to be stored horizontally, certain glitter ones and some double ended Kuretake pens. This space under the shelves was an ideal spot to store them. And look there is still space for a few more Kuretake pens.


Bottom shelf, basket of glues, tapes, and sticky foam pads.  Some larger sheets of foam pads on the left between the shelf and the main desk.  Also there is my quilting ruler.
And my favourite item I ever bought is just to the left of that blue basket.
A stamp cleaning pad.  It's a microfibre fabric on a stiff backing and it is awesome.  Does such a fantastic job of cleaning stamps by rubbing them across the surface.


Oooooh look there is lots of room now for more tubes of paint!





Unmounted stamps stored in clear cases that fit in a cd rack.  The top ones are See Ds sold by one of the UK craft suppliers, and come in those cases.  The others are ones I have put into clear cd cases my hubby no longer needed.  I still have some more I want to put into clear cd cases but can't seem to find any that are clear on both sides that I can remove in the insert from.

So that was a quick tour around my reorganised craft desk.  I hope you liked it.

0 comments :

Post a Comment