Thursday 30 December 2010

What was the best book you read? 
I don't do a lot of reading.  Certainly didn't do much of it at all at home this year, even though there were books that caught my attention and I wanted to read through, somehow it never happened.  However, when I was in America I did a LOT of reading.  Reading, reading, reading, reading, reading.  The two favourites from that time that come to mind were

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

and

Ireland, the novel by Frank Delaney


What was your greatest musical discovery of 2010? 
Sitting at that Casting Crowns Concert and really LISTENING to the lyrics, some of them that I had heard many many times, but hearing those lyrics as if it were the first time, and being SO impacted by them, so incredibly impacted by them.

What did you want and get? 
A trip to America

What did you want and not get? 
To meet more of my American friends, to spend time getting to know more of them, to sit and share and laugh and have fun with them!

What was your favourite film of this year? 


What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 
I hate answering this question in December, because with my birthday being in January I can't remember.  I shall have to look it up in my journal.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? 
More time with my American friends.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? 
COMFORTABLE

What kept you sane? 
I'm not sure I stayed sane, not at times anyway.  But when I was using it and not hiding from it, journaling and then later, art journaling were definitely sanity bringers for me.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Really can't think of anyone, truthfully.

What political issue stirred you the most? 
Budget cuts and the way they are going to affect education. 

Who did you miss? 
I miss my mom.  Even though she didn't share my faith and therefore part of the reason I have got into art journaling, I think she would have loved the process.

Who was the best new person you met? 
Does it count if I already knew them online for years and years and years but only just got to meet them face to face?
Dana
Ashley
Becky
Skipper
Sara
Misty
and then those I had not met before this years trip to America:
Windy
Christie
Miss Tish
And many many more in Milledgeville.


Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: 
If you're doing the right thing and you KNOW it, don't give up, hang in there, pray and WAIT and see what god will do, but do NOT whatever you do, give up!

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Oh what I would do to have
The kind of faith it takes
To climb out of this boat I'm in
Onto the crashing waves

To step out of my comfort zone
Into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is
And He's holding out His hand

But the waves are calling out my name
And they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times
I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me
Time and time again. "Boy, you'll never win!"
"You'll never win!"

Chorus:
But the voice of truth tells me a different story
The voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
The voice of truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth

Oh what I would do to have
The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant
With just a sling and a stone
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors
Shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand

But the giant's calling out my name
And he laughs at me
Reminding me of all the times
I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling me
Time and time again. "Boy you'll never win!"
"You'll never win!"

But the stone was just the right size
To put the giant on the ground
And the waves they don't seem so high
From on top of them lookin' down
I will soar with the wings of eagles
When I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus
Singing over me

I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth

0 comments :

Post a Comment