Tuesday 28 December 2010

What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Oh let's see, fly to America, ALL BY MYSELF, get stuck ALL BY MYSELF in snow snow and more snow, first at Newark then in Cleveland and finally a night at a friend's house.  Her hubby drove and picked me up from Washington Dulles airport then took me back there the following morning.  She was such a blessing.
Then I spent a few chaotic hours at Atlanta airport with an incredible group of ladies, followed by one evening with a smaller group and then 2 weeks staying with a friend, just fitting into whatever they were doing as well as making a few visits and an appearance on stage in their church mid week kids program.

Did you keep your new years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I don't particularly make New Years resolutions as such, but I do seek God for a theme for the year.  Some years I can see how that theme worked throughout the year really clearly, last year I think that I probably avoided co-operating with God on the theme He had given me, so didn't see as much change in those areas as I had hoped.

Did anyone close to you give birth? 
Depends what you mean by "close".  There have been various births this year, online friends, family and best of all, church friends, especially one who had thought she could never get pregnant due to a medical condition, who is now a very proud mommy!

Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully this year has been one without that.


What countries did you visit? 
AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thankfully none of my diversions due to the snow took me into other countries.

What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? 
Good quality sleep.   I have sleep apnoea and use a CPAP machine.  The CPAP machine has CHANGED MY LIFE!  But it still does not put me where I want to be in terms of energy levels or quality of sleep. 

What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Feb 25th 2009.  Yes I know that wasn't this year for most of you but for me it was.  Does anyone remember why?  Come on ladies who were involved in my trip, you should know.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I reckon surviving that 4 day journey to Atlanta ALL BY MYSELF was a pretty incredible achievement.  I met a lot of interesting people along the way.

What was your biggest failure? 
Getting stressed, stressed, stressed over things with work when I should have just rested in God knowing that HE had a plan up his sleeve all along and his timing is perfect.

0 comments :

Post a Comment