Friday 6 January 2012

We did a really fun aerial tissu performance on New Year's Eve at the India Community Center.  You can read all about the show here.

The theme was Dragon & Dragonrider.  I found the most amazing Dragon print spandex for my costume, and made Miriam's out of shiny red spandex and chinese print fabric.  If I do say so myself.. we looked mahvelous:



You can see the whole photo set from the show here.

The costumes were really simple.. unitards, pretty much, with extra stuff over them.  I had a "harness" made out of stretchy velvet straps (borrowed from my Fairy Ninja halloween costume) and Miriam wore the Renaissance faire bodice I just made and I added shin covers made from the same fabric.  I wanted her in a dangly belt too but .. some things just won't work on aerial tissu.  (hey, I'd love to fire dance in feathers too, but .. well, that's just never gonna happen)

Costumes are SO MUCH FUN.

0 comments :

Post a Comment