Wednesday 25 January 2012


This hoodie was a custom order for an old friend who used to fire dance with me.  Due to a car accident a while back, he's not able to do much fire dancing anymore so he wanted a hoodie that lets him express that fiery nature regardless.

I love how it turned out.  I didn't get the greatest pictures, since I wanted to ship it out quickly.. but the details on this one are fabulous.  There are flames embroidered on the sleeves and on the front, and the edges have a really cool embroidery pattern along them.  There are inside and outside pockets, and the tip of the hood is red, which is super fun.

To make this hoodie, I took design ideas from three different hoodies I've made in the past.  The main pattern was the same as the Legolas Hoodie, and the design was of course modeled on my flame hoodie.  I also took a few elements from this Samurai hoodie I made for my hubby ages ago (which he still wears all the time and it's in amazing condition.. I wish MY hoodies lasted that long, but I am pretty hard on them!)

My fiery friend promised he'd send me pics when it gets there.. I hope he does, I can't wait to see it on him.  :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment