Friday 23 March 2012


Pin It

Yesterday I went to one of the big craft shows at the NEC in Birmingham (England).

I did various workshops during the day and bought various goodies.  I will share the goodies and other workshops in other posts, for now lets look at what I made in the Pebeo workshop.  This workshop was a freebie and I got to bring this home!  It's either 11 or 12 inches square.  It's a linen canvas board.  In front of each seat there was a board, and then between us we had various plates with blobs of gesso, moulding paste, and 4 colours of paint.  There were then tubes of 3 dimensional paint as well as tubs of brushes, palette knives, stencils, stamps, etc

We just played!  This was the first time I have worked with moulding paste and I LOVED IT.


All sorts of gorgeous texture.  I mixed moulding paste and paint and used the palette knife.  I splatted it on there and also spread it through sequin waste.


When I decided I was finished with the paint, I got one of the tubes of 3d paint and wrote Create.


When we were all finished painting, out came the gilding flakes.  Because we didn't have time to dry the paint first, we were just attaching the flakes to the wet acryclic paint. Initially I was only going to use gold flakes as I had used silver for the word Create.  But then the lady next to me put too much on her picture and decided to blow it off!  Oh yes, t landed in the wet paint on my picture!  On well, happy accident.



I've popped it on the easel on top of my craft desk while I work out what to do with it.


Yes, there's a whole pile of mess up there, but generally it's a case of out of sight out of mind.

You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

0 comments :

Post a Comment