Monday 12 March 2012

holy experience



Another week, another list.  Here we go then, in no particular order, On Monday 12th March 2012 I am thankful for . . . . 

666.  Last week's session of the leadership Interactive course went well.  Food was yummy, well done to whoever chose Syria for the nation to be the subject of prayer that night.

667.  New mattress for youngest's bed arrived safely.  He says it is much more comfortable than his old one.

668.  Hubby having the larger company car over the weekend meant we were able to take the old mattress to the tip (dump) ourselves, rather than pay the council to take it away.

669.  Realisation that the study we were using in small group wasn't working led to a new idea that hubby and I both feel will fit this group well.

670.  A friend from church also wished to attend the funeral on Thursday of a lady from the school I do assemblies in.  Our local crematorium is not at all easy to get to on the bus, and because he was going I was able to get a lift.

671.  Dropping hubby at work on Friday morning means I have the car for the next 2 1/2 weeks while he uses a company car to support some work off site.

672.  It also meant I finally got to visit the National Memorial Aboretum which is just down the road from where he works on my way home.


673.  Picking youngest up from college last week and trawling the charity shops for a costume for his musical theatre performance next week led to a couple of nice bargains for me.

674.  Living close enough to the QVC Outlet Store to be able to pick up awesome crafty bargains when they appear.

675.  3 different sets of friends successfully moved house over the weekend.

676.  Youngest's reunion with a group he did some young leader training with, meant a day out in greater London for hubby and me.  We went to Kingston upon Thames for the day.

677.  We didn't know until we got there that it was the boat races day in Kingston and so we were able to spend a couple of hours down by the river watching them.


678.  That meant we also got to watch the swans for a while too.


679.  Although I was on the rota for Sunday's Cool yesterday, it was the first time in 4 weeks.  NOT BAD!

680.


If you wish to participate in blogging about your list of 1000 gifts or in Thankful Thursday, you can do so by clicking on the banners at the top of this post.

Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

0 comments :

Post a Comment