Sunday 10 January 2010

~*~*~*~*~
FOR TODAY, Monday 11th January 2010 ...

Outside my window... There is still snow on the ground, and since yesterday was a little warmer and last night a little colder, some of that melted and refroze as ice. Looks a bit slippy out there.

I am thinking... about the lovely walk I took with hubby yesterday in a snowy local nature trail area. We had the whole place to ourselves, it was fantastic.

I am thankful for...

  • The fantastic news that a friend's father does not have what the doctors thought he had and although still serious, his condition is not expected to be fatal.
  • Safe journey to and from wherever they have been going for all my family in the snow this last week
  • Central heating, warm jumpers (sweaters), and hot drinks.

From the learning rooms... I spent a good stretch of time on Saturday learning what works for us and what doesn't when it comes to organising and planning.

From the kitchen... today I will be trying a new recipe to us. From one of the recipe magazines it is a baked risotto with chorizo, cherry tomatoes and courgettes (zucchini).

I am wearing... black trousers, a beaded t-shirt and a big fluffy jumper (sweater).

I am creating... Well, after finally finishing the Christmas journal I haven't done a lot of creating this week. I do want to get back to that and am thinking about some easy to make gifts.

I am going... to the hospital on Wednesday. Nothing wrong, just regular clinic appointment for my Sleep Apnoea and CPAP machine check.

I am remembering.... How wonderfully my husband blessed me over the weekend by cooking dinner.

I am reading... Fresh Brewed Life.

I am hoping... that the roads (particularly the side roads) are better on Tuesday for visiting a friend in the afternoon and going to a meal with our small group in the evening as well as going to the hospital on Wednesday.

I am praying....
  • To Know God MORE
  • To know my husband
  • To know what God wants me to do and to see success in that.

I am hearing... Someone making something in the kitchen.
Around the house... I am being much more organised these days. I can't remember the last time things looked this nice, and believe me it's still not up to the standard a lot of people would want.
    One of my favourite things... our walk yesterday was listening to the stream that was flowing into the river Severn.

    A few plans for the rest of the week... We get V+ on Thursday. That is our cable supplier's equivalent to TIVO. Hubby has booked the day off work so he can be here if they have any problems. We usually have date night on Thursday evenings, and eating out is a luxury. Lunchtimes are cheaper at most places and so, as long as the V+ installation is finished on time, we are going to head out to eat for lunch instead.

    Here is picture thought I am sharing...


    SO, if you want to read more daybook entries or you would like to take part yourself. Click on the image at the top of this post and check it all out.

    0 comments :

    Post a Comment