Thursday 7 January 2010

13 things that I am looking forward to this year.



  1. I just found out this one and it's not definite yet but I get to celebrate my birthday with some friends who I get to see so rarely it hurts sometimes! Amazing people, a bit different than most folks, but that just makes them even more amazing. I do hope we can pull this off. Praying that the weather co-operates.


  2. My youngest turns 16. WOW, that makes me feel old. But it's a good thing, another sign that they are becoming the real men God created them to be.


  3. I get to take youngest to Stratford Upon Avon to watch the Royal Shakespeare company perform Romeo and Juliet! When I was at secondary school, our whole English class went and it was Romeo and Juliet then too. Well, our whole class minus me because I was somewhere else that week. I was having a great time BUT I still got to miss out on that trip. I can't believe God has blessed me with bringing it full circle so that I get to go now.


  4. My eldest may be leaving home for the first time. I will be sad, I will miss him, I am sure I will worry about him at times, but this, even this, is too a good thing! It will be part of him stepping towards his destiny and his wider brighter future!


  5. Summer holiday (vacation). We're going to a family place that the boys enjoy. We are able to let them go off and do their own thing and meet up with them, generally for meal times, heehee. We know one of the shows that will be on while we are there and they are both SO excited about it, it's one of their favourite shows on TV doing a live show. Hopefuly hubby and I will be able to take the opportunity to get lots of walks around the area, I am looking forward to that too.


  6. HOPEFULLY youngest and I will get to go to the story telling festival the weekend before our summer holiday. We'll have to wait and see if our budget and everything else will allow for that, but it really would be fun.


  7. Ludlow Food Festival. Yes we spend too much money, but it is so much fun! Hubby will NOT be coming with us this year, and even that is a good thing. He has recognised that he does not do well with crowds and so the rest of us will go to events like that without him. That's OK, we will do other things together.


  8. WALKING, walking walking. I wonder where we shall go this year? Who knows? But I am sure it will be an adventure. And I pray it will not bring the spiritual backlash that one of last year's walks brought. But you know what, I'm still gonna WALK.


  9. I get to SIMPLIFY. Oh yes, that is hard at times, and the decluttering that is already coming with it is not always easy, but I am already seeing how much nicer things will be around here and I am so looking forward to it.


  10. OOooh, we get the box from our cable supplier that allows us to record, etc live tv! (so kind of like a TIVO) SO darned excited! That happens next week or the week after I think, if I remember rightly. Eldest reckons he will be monopolising it for the first day! HA! He'll be lucky to get near it! I already know one show I want to put on there.


  11. I'm going to AMERICA! heeheee haaahaaaa yippeeeee! Oh I am so looking forward to this, you wouldn't believe how much. Wonder what the weather will be like at the end of February?


  12. I get to meet a whole load of beautiful women whom I have known and loved for years online. REAL people, REAL friends, no matter what you say Mr Ken Young. (love you too, heeheee)


  13. I get to walk through the whole of this year with God. What better thing is there to look forward to?



If you want to read more Thursday 13 posts, head on over to Thursday 13 by clicking on that banner at the top of this post!

0 comments :

Post a Comment