Monday 20 February 2012

Did you see my post yesterday about storing kitchen tools by hanging them from a rail across a window?  Today I am sharing a similar idea for storing longer pieces of jewellery.

Pin It
So my jewellery storage became this, 

when it had been this:


In this case I COULD have used a normal tool rail that attaches to the wall behind it, BUT I really don't like drilling through tile or where there are possibly pipes.  I know there are ways of locating the pipes to ensure you don't drill through them, but I just didn't fancy that risk.

So I chose to use a tension rod, that is usually used for hanging kitchen or bathroom curtains across smaller windows.

I slipped a couple of packs of curtain rings onto the rod before putting it up and slipped a curtain hook through each ring.  The jewellery then hangs off these hooks.  Smaller items are displayed on the rotating jewellery storage unit standing on the shelf below.


Check out yesterdays post on kitchen tool storage if you want something more secure than a tension rod.

And if not, why not check out my other craft projects, or my recipes page before you leave.

0 comments :

Post a Comment