Monday 6 February 2012

It's done!  It's done at long last.  Steampunk-inspired stuff sure is labor-intensive.  It's all about the details.

This is a Marino Gray fleece Steampunk Jacket.  It's not so steamy that it can't be worn with regular clothes, but the cut and the details invoke the Steampunk aesthetic.  I've been wanting to do a steampunk style hoodie for a long time, and this is my first foray into the genre.. so it's not "over the top" but I really do love how it turned out.

The buttons at the breast and collar are gorgeous metal coat-of-arms style, and there's a chain linking across the front and the sleeve.  It also has subtle metal gears on the front left, and a handy sleeve pocket as well as two regular pockets.  The spiral embroidery motif is worked in shiny copper thread, and just picks up the light in a fairly subtle way.  I used a shiny gold metal zipper on this one as well.

It's a men's size 40, which is a teensy bit small on my hubby, so I'm in search of a model... so let me know if you wanna try it on and let me take pictures of you in it.





0 comments :

Post a Comment