Tuesday 2 June 2009


To be honest it’s been a long time since I’ve heard that lament of “I’m bored”. My boys are now 14 and 17 and both have their own computers on which they would happily spend all day!
But before they got to that stage it was a regular summer lament.
I’ll share with you something we tried.
I came up with a list of activities.
I put them into 4 categories as far as I remember.
  1. Indoor activity that needs no adult supervision
  2. Indoor activity that needs adult supervision
  3. Outdoor activity that needs no adult supervision
  4. Outdoor Activity that needs adult supervision
You could add other categories to suit you. Maybe based on whether you had everything on hand or needed to get items, or anything else you think of.
I printed out the lists and cut it up so that each activity was on a separate piece of paper. I then loaded them into 4 small tins.
IF the boys complained of being bored, I looked at the weather and at whether I had time RIGHT now to play with them and told them which tin to go to. They would pull out a slip of paper, and that would be the next thing to do that day.
If you want to read more hints and tips, head over to We Are That Family by clicking on the Works For Me Wednesday banner at the top of this post.

0 comments :

Post a Comment