Tuesday 16 June 2009

TESCO CLUBCARD POINTS
We usually shop at one of two main supermarkets.  We stick mainly to own brand and budget brand products and that works for us on keeping our budget down.
One of the two supermarkets has a loyalty points card.  we often do a large shop from there, via their online shopping service with home delivery.  We probably use this about twice a month.
Through our loyalty card membership we often get vouchers for extra points when buying certain items.
I ONLY buy them if they are items we will really use AND I work out the value of the points to me and consider that in my decision when it something a little more expensive than I would normally purchase.
You see, you can use your points for deals.
I used to just collect my points up and spend the vouchers in store, 100 points equalled £1 to spend.  More recently they have started to offer to double your vouchers for buying certain items, so I can make my 100 points into £2 to spend on wine, clothes or certain other things.
BUT MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN THAT is to use the vouchers to buy deals tokens.  100 points buys £4 of deals tokens.  They have a deals website or a printed brochure where you can see what you can spend your deals tokens on.
There are so many options from dry cleaning, to books, and magazine subscriptions, from Amusement park entrance to car breakdown cover and all sorts of things in between.  Every year we pay for our car breakdown cover with these tokens, something that would normally cost us over £100.  We also have enough each year to have a meal out, and indeed these tokens are paying for my eldest son’s 18th birthday family dinner in 3 weeks time.
This post is being linked to:
If you want to read more hints and tips, head over to We Are That Family by clicking on the Works For Me Wednesday banner above.
If you want to read more frugal tips head on over to Life as mom by clicking on the the Frugal Fridays banner above.

0 comments :

Post a Comment