Tuesday 9 June 2009

I just asked my 14 year old for an idea to use for this week’s Works for me Wednesday and his reply was “Don’t blow M…… up.” M…… is his older brother.  The joys of living with teen boys!
OK, on to the serious stuff.
If you really can’t cut your family’s hair and believe me, I tried and I’m awful at it, try and find a local stylist who will come to your home and cut your hair there.
Usually it works out at about half the price of going to a salon and you can get the whole family done in one go without having to drag everyone out of the house and off to the salon.  They save money because they don’t have to pay for all the costs involved in running a salon, they get to be their own boss, and as long as you tell them ahead of time if you want anything unusual, they will bring everything they need with them.
I’m blessed there are two ladies at our church who cut hair at home and I have had both of them now and they are both amazing! 
They will even come out and spend just a short  while with me if I just want my hair styling before an evening out, anything like that.
Most home hair stylists don’t advertise much, they rely on word of mouth, so if you don’t know of anyone, ask around, you never know who is using one.
This post is being linked to:
If you want to read more hints and tips, head over to We Are That Family by clicking on the Works For Me Wednesday banner above.
If you want to read more frugal tips head on over to Life as mom by clicking on the the Frugal Fridays banner above.

0 comments :

Post a Comment