Thursday 5 April 2012

Yes, another Norwegian Recipe using more cardamom.  I have adapted this recipe by dropping the butter content just a little.  I may try and drop it further if I make them again.


Pin It

You will need



200g butter, softened
150g caster sugar
finely grated zest of 1 lemon
250g plain flour
100g ground almonds
3 tsp cardamom pods, (seeds popped out and ground)


Preheat the oven to 190c (170c fan), Gas 5
Line 2 large baking sheets with baking parchment.
Using an electric hand whisk or stand mixer, beat the butter, sugar and lemon zest together in a large bowl until pale and fluffy.


Beat in the flour, almonds and cardamom

until the mixture is well combined and comes together to form a stiff dough.

Cut the dough in half, in half again, and once more, making 8 even pieces.


Break each of those pieces into 3 , roll into balls


and place 12 on each baking tray - make sure you leave a space between each one.


Press each cookie with a cookie stamp or the bottom of a glass to flatten and leave a decorative indent in the dough. I didn't have a cookie stamp, so I used a small jar that I use for making salad dressing in.




Bake a tray at a time for 12 - 14 minutes until the cookies are pale golden brown. Leave them to cool on the tray for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack. They will crisp up as they cool. Store the cookies in an airtight tin and eat within 7 days.


Makes 24 cookies

The other Norwegian recipes I have tried from the Hairy Bikers were the Scandinavian Rye Bread and the Cardamom Coffee Cake.  There's been a lot of cardamom in this house this week.  Soon I shall also be making the tea ring.

You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

0 comments :

Post a Comment