Wednesday 4 April 2012


Pin It

Back to Life Book.  Week 7 did not have a video lesson.  I might still work on the bonus activity from Connie, but I did want to do an art page for the bonus activity from Tam all about being grateful.

I started by scribbling over the page, some of the things I am thankful for.  Yes, I know I missed one or two of the current W@H girls where I list those, I am sorry, my brain froze!


Then I grabbed some paints.  I grabbed colours in the red brown and into the orangey brown range.  Someone how when I had done a few layers of brayered paint I got a real sense of some green in there.  More olivey shades of greed.  So I pulled out my Inktense blocks and got to work adding a bit of green and one or two other colours.


I pushed some of the intense colour back with some gesso and then used stencils for the leaf shapes, since I was getting a whole autumn feeling from the colour scheme.

Finally I worked out which way around the page needed to be and added the larger lettering which was my first proper attempt at writing with a brush.  I'm not too impressed with it and at this point I really felt I had a ruined page on my hands.  I grabbed a pack of leaf stickers I have had for years and put a few of thsoe on.  Then I decided to write around the edge with a white gel pen, some of the things that were on the original layer.  I feel like that line of tiny writing around the edge saved the page.  It's still not one of my favourite ever pages, BUT I can certainly live with it.


You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

0 comments :

Post a Comment