Wednesday 11 April 2012

You may have already read that I am having my long hair cut short this weekend and donating my hair to The Little Princess trust, a charity that makes real hair wigs for children who have lost their hair due to cancer treatment.

I've been trying to work out what style to do my hair in, once it is cut.  I found an awesome website that lets you try out loads of different celebrity styles, in a really accurate way, much better than last time I tried this.

To start with, you need a photo of your face, with the hair pulled back away from it.  The photo I had, had too much hair down by my shoulders, so I decided to edit the photo to remove that first.  I did try with a photo that had my hair down like that, but when checking out short hair styles it was too weird to also have my longer hair showing underneath.  I used Pixlr, a free photo editing website.

Load your photo into Pixlr.


Pin It




Now you want to remove that hair you don't want and the background with the eraser tool.  If you have a steady enough hand to do this by the lasso tool, go ahead.  Personally I find this way better.  Follow the instructions I have written onto the pictures below.











So, I ended up with this image saved on my computer.

Check out the next post to see how to use the website at Taaz.com to easily check out how you will look in a variety of styles.

You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

0 comments :

Post a Comment