Sunday 29 April 2012


Pin It

This page started in my art journal, but there came a point at which I knew that rather than making a page in honour of a friend and letting them have a photo of it, I needed to actually give them the page.  So, I cut it out of my art journal.  Thankfully it is a journal with perforated pages, so I had a line that I knew I could cut down, which made things easier.

The page began with a ripped up map, which I glued down with matt gel medium.


I scribbled over this with three shades of green Neocolor II. Which I then worked in using gesso rather than water.


I knew from the start what I wanted to be the main feature of this page.  I went online and found the Arabic word for Hope.  I printed it out as large as I could get it, and then traced that onto the page.

I outlined it using a pitt pen.


I then filled it in using a black paint pen.  My paint pen got a bit clogged at times and when I pushed down on it to get paint flowing again it made puddles of the colour.  So I grabbed a small brush and used that to further move that paint around.


Then I wrote around the outside and across the bottom.  I think my friends who I gave it to, liked it.


If you read the first sentence of the writing around the outside, you will understand the reason I used a ripped up map for the background.  I love using my creative skills to make gifts that will bless people.  Recently I made a decorated tin of encouraging cards for a friend who was struggling.  You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.


HOPE!

0 comments :

Post a Comment