Wednesday 5 January 2011

In the last post I mentioned that I was unhappy with the way the pockets lie in this coat.  Too puffy, they mess up the lines of the coat a bit.  So I took them out, tried another method (this time lined them with rib knit instead of fleece and graded out some of the fabric) and I'm still not happy.  I tried taking the leaf part off altogether, and just making a little unobtrusive "slit" pocket, but after so much sewing and un-sewing and re-sewing, the pockets now gape open in an annoying way and I'm just not quite sure what to do.  So, it's been sitting on my table for the past few days, awaiting inspiration.

I have one more idea, something simple that might work well, and I'm going to try it today.  Here's hoping it looks AMAZING.. then I will do a proper photo shoot with this coat.  :)

I also want to remember to modify my pattern to match reality.  This was the first coat I made from this pattern, and there were lots of little changes which I remember *now* but of course when I want to make another coat like this in a month or two, I'll have to reinvent the wheel unless I find time to update the pattern.  (But, redoing patterns is .. so.. unglamorous.. sigh)

On a fun note!  Darrell did a stop-motion video of me making this pattern and coat!  It turned out really fun!  Here it is.. enjoy!

0 comments :

Post a Comment