Sunday 2 January 2011

Aprons – Y/N? If Y, what does your favourite look like?
I have a number of aprons, but I usually only wear them when I am baking. I have a gorgeous Minnie mouse one that hubby and the kids bought me when we went to Euro Disney. I love it, very subtle and understated, but still cute, although it did shrink the first time we washed it, it's still an OK size to wear.

Baking – Favourite thing to bake
Bread, or no, maybe cookies, or hang on, what about cakes made with virtually no fat, or , or, or, well, you get the idea.

Clothesline – Y/N?
I have a rotary clothes line, but it's not quite straight and our garden (yard) is so small that there is not really all that much room for it, but I doubt we'll be using it again now until the Spring.

Doughnuts – Have you ever made them?
I have made baked doughnuts and fried doughnuts using an enriched dough from Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day.  DELICIOUS but not at all good for you.

Every day – One home making thing you do every day
I make my bed. Well, I straighten the duvet and leave it looking at least neat in that respect. Some days that will be the only thing I get done, other days it will be one of many, but it is usually done every day.

Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
YES, we have an upright fridge in the kitchen and freezer in the dining room.

Garbage Disposal – Y/N?
Nope, the budget was limited when we redesigned the kitchen and wouldn't quite stretch to that.

Handbook – What is your favourite home making resource?
I would have to say the internet. If I need to know how to do something, I will always search on here!

Ironing – Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
HATE HATE HATE it! I hang shirts on to hangers straight from the washing machine and let them dry hung up. There are a handful of items that still need ironing after that because of either the way they are made or what they are made from. I don't wear those very often! And as for people who iron everything even down to underwear, they are just STRANGE!

Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
Not enough drawers in the kitchen to have one, so junk drawer items find themselves all over the house.

Kitchen – Colour and decorating scheme
light beach wood effect cupboards. Walls are pale yellow with a light terracotta sponged over the top.

Love – What is your favourite part of home making?
Being here!  Being able to be here, having a husband who is willing to make the sacrifices necessary for me to be here.

Mop – Y/N?
I have NEVER found a mop that I think does the job well enough, not in a house with 3 blokes who seem to think anything on the floor is invisible. So if I get really frustrated with the state of the floor, I will sometimes get down on my hands and knees with a bucket of hot water and cleaner and SCRUB!  And I might need to do that tomorrow as with all the snow (and therefore dirt) that has been trodden through the last few days the mop just isn't cutting it.

Nylons – Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
I can't remember the last time I wore them, but when I do, I usually pop them into one of those net bags and wash them in the machine.

Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
Since I thoroughly cleaned the window, I usually peek through but if something is shaded by something else on the shelf above, I might take a peek by opening the door.

Pizza – What do you put on yours?
EVERYTHING! With extra cheese! Heeheee. If we're eating out we usually have the mega toppings one, whatever it is at that restaurant. If we're buying at the supermarket it will usually be meats, and if we're making at home whatever we have to hand.

Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Surf the net, read blogs, play computer games, and sometimes watch TV but not daytime TV, I'll watch something that I have stored on our V+ box.

Recipe card box – Y/N? What does it look like?
I've tried various different things over the years and none of them have ever really stuck for any length of time. Most of the time if I am looking for a recipe that isn't in one of my books at home I'll search the net, usually at Recipe Zaar. I have our all time family favourites listed on there too.

Style of house – What style is your house?
Mid Terrace.

Tablecloths and napkins – Y/N?
Only use tablecloths for special ocassions have some reuseable and washable napkins that I made out of dishtowels (thank you Dana for that idea).

Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?
Not too bad actually, although things are always disappearing back behind the pipes.

Vacuum – How many times per week?
As little as possible, it's one of my least favourite chores.

Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
Less since eldest moved away but since he bought a huge bag of dirty laundry home with him on Monday the machine has been on pretty much all the time we're up.  It is a combined washer/dryer though, so we dry in it after we've washed.

X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
I really should, things go better when I do.

Yard – Y/N? Who does what?
I don't touch it! That is all!

Zzz’s – What is your last home making task for the day before going to bed?
D'you think if I had something like this it would be easier to get things done? Yes, probably it would, I mean that's where Fly lady starts after all. MAYBE, ONE DAY!

0 comments :

Post a Comment