Sunday 2 January 2011

In my last post I wrote about how my theme for 2010 went.

Now it is time to finally share about my theme for 2011.

As in recent years I had not even really begun to think about my them for the year and then someone said something in passing, about someone else and PLONK, it was like a theme dropped into my spirit.   One of my online friends was focusing for a month on doing something NEW every day and I thought "hmmm, interesting, Is that my theme for next year?"
Then someone at church was talking about numbers and how 11 was a number of new beginnings etc.  My research on that didn't bring up new things as a biblical meaning for the number 11, but it did make my ears prick up.
Finally, on New Years Eve, obviously everyone was thinking about the New year and New starts and so on and the following were quoted by friends on facebook:

Revelation 21:3-6 (The Message)

3-5I heard a voice thunder from the Throne: "Look! Look! God has moved into the neighbourhood, making his home with men and women! They're his people, he's their God. He'll wipe every tear from their eyes. Death is gone for good—tears gone, crying gone, pain gone—all the first order of things gone." The Enthroned continued, "Look! I'm making everything new. Write it all down—each word dependable and accurate."

LOOK!  I'm making everything new!
“The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul" G. K. Chesterton
And finally my own son quoted

See Life from a NEW perspective !!!! That is the start of a NEW reality !!!Happy "NEW" Year !!!!! 2011
OK OK, I know that people are usually thinking about new things at New year, but seriously OK OK I get it, 2011, NEW THINGS.



What am I expecting from 2011 with a theme of New things?

There are already a few New things this year that I already know about.
Firstly I have picked up a new school with the assembly talks I do for my job.  It is another school in walking distance from my home which is good because on New years Eve we scrapped one of our two cars and the 2nd New thing is that I will be back to travelling to my further away assemblies by bus.  However hubby has assured me that before the end of the year we should be able to pick up a New (to us at least) car.  Finally, another thing for my job and I should by the end of the year be leading a team of adults that are doing weekly bible story telling assemblies in a local school.

Those are the things I already know about.  There are other things that I have a gut level feeling I might be doing for the first time this year and I know at least one of my friends who will tell me "I told you so", (yes, you Tam).  I'm totally clueless on how that one will happen or when or where, and I'm scared by it and not ready to share what it is yet.

Back to the person from church who talked about the number 11 and one thing he said that if you are looking to see new Things starting you often have to be ready to let go of some old things, or see them end, in order for the new thing to begin.  I will hopefully be able to keep that in mind, but am aware that some of those things that end might not be things I want to end, but be things that God needs to have end in order to do the new things He wants to do in me.

So, in short,
2011 - New Things

New starts, New Perspectives, New ways of thinking, New things to do, New ways to BE, NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW

FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG

0 comments :

Post a Comment