Thursday 27 January 2011

It's been just over 2 weeks since I last checked in on how my Theme of New is going for the year.

There have been a couple of NEW things since then,
The first is another creative pursuit and actually has a number of NEWS within it.
I made myself a handbag.  A fully lined handbag, I've never done that before, so in itself that was new.
I made the front panel using some techniques I have picked up from Art journaling, spraying inks and then rubber stamping.  I've never done either of those things on fabric before.


And I made a fully lined, zipped pocket inserted into the lining of the bag, again something I had not done before.


The 2nd NEW thing is kind of related to that, in that it came through sharing those photos on facebook.  This is still ONLY a possibility, no concrete plans BUT our church has a connection with missionaries to one of the gypsy communities in Romania.  She commented on the photos on facebook saying she wished I would go out there and teach some of these projects to the gypsy girls because they are looking for projects for the girls to be able to make so that they can sell them.

I've talked to just a couple of people at church about it and am certainly thinking it might be possible. 

The first problem is that my passport expired in November, so I have begun the process of applying for a new one and am waiting for those forms to come in the post.  I don't think my photo will have changed that much since my last one, my hair is a lot longer, but that is all, so it should just be a case of getting a new photo, signing the form and posting it back off with birth certificates etc.  Maybe I'll pay the extra to get it checked at the post office before I send it.  So that's £77.50 I think, plus another £8.17 if I do the post office thing, GULP!

0 comments :

Post a Comment