Tuesday 18 May 2010



FOR TODAY, Tuesday 18th May...

Outside my window...
it is dry but overcast and a little cool. The weather is supposed to significantly warm up as we head towards the end of the week. Thankfully youngest's exam on Friday is in the morning so the exam room should not have time to get too warm.

I am thinking...
about some other blog posts I need to get written and my plans for date night this week.

I am thankful for...
a husband who has taken the responsibility for date night on his shoulders without complaint for so long, but now it is time to even the balance and reduce the load he carries for that.

From the learning rooms...
Well, I was hoping to learn to make lined curtains this week, BUT it looks as if the fabric I bought on Ebay will not arrive in time.

From the kitchen...
Tuesdays we have to have a dinner which can be ON THE TABLE within 5 minutes of walking in the door, because hubby and I have to be straight back out again fairly soon after, for small group. So last week, this week and probably for a few weeks into the future we are having baked potatoes with cheese and cold meats. I can put the potatoes in the oven on timer earlier in the day, leave the sliced cheese and meats on a plate in the fridge ready to go and put relish etc out on the table.
I don't know why I didn't think of this solution before last week.

I am wearing...
brown trousers, red jersey top and thick sweater (until it warms up later anyway).

I am creating...
red paper lanterns for date night on Tuesday (I'm doing date night at home and going with a Chinese theme.)

I am going...
to the theatre tomorrow night to see a local college do their production of West Side Story. My eldest is deputy stage manager and so has been run off his feet for weeks! today and tomorrow should be slightly easier days as last night was the first performance.
I'm looking forward to the show, especially as my sister, my dad and his girlfriend are all coming too.

I am remembering.... some of the fantastically helpful staff I met on my 4 day snow delayed journey from England to Atlanta.

I am reading...
"The Complete Home Decorating Book" and "Multi Sensory Parable for Small Groups".

I am hoping...
that eldest son does not have to stay our as late as he expecting tomorrow night to get things packed up at the theatre. They have to have everything out of there after the show tomorrow night and last week it took them 3 journeys between college and the theatre to get it all in. With a 20 minute journey each way, plus loading time, you can imagine it's going to be a long night just based on that alone.

I am praying....
that my eldest really gets a glimpse of his own worth and potential and sees how much people do care for him.

I am hearing...
passing traffic, and other noises from outside.

Around the house...
There is plenty to do this week, although not having to do those curtains yet has freed up some valuable time.

One of my favourite things...
is to see my children understanding what captures their passion and chasing after it.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
No youth cafe this week, so that i can get to the theatre on time tomorrow evening. Friday I want to take my journal, bible and a packed lunch and head down to a park on the river Severn, if the weather stays nice.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

That is the pack of dried chillies that youngest son was delighted to have me buy for him, at the Chinese Supermarket on Saturday! Did I ever tell you that he is a bit of a foodie? I put the ruler in so you could see how big the pack is.

SO, if you want to read more daybook entries or you would like to take part yourself. Click on the image at the top of this post and check it all out.

0 comments :

Post a Comment