Tuesday 25 May 2010



The challenge for day 8 is: What does romance mean to me?

hmmm, romance means MAKING AN EFFORT!

We try and have a weekly date night, even if it means just going for a walk or having a thermos of soup in the park. But since I have had very little energy due to the sleep apnoea and so on, I got badly into the habit of letting hubby do all the arranging, put in all the effort to make sure it happens.

Last week God gave me a spiritual kick in the pants and pointed out I wasn't being fair, that I used to put a whole lot of effort into these nights and that was when I had two small children at home.

So last Thursday I stepped up to the plate and now it's my turn to MAKE AN EFFORT for a while. I decided to do a Chinese meal at home. I picked up some cheap Chinese plates and bowls from our local Chinese supermarket as well as fortune cookies. I grabbed my Chinese recipe books and chose something.

Now, I left the buying of the main ingredient until the day so that it would be really fresh and things did NOT go according to pan. I was without a car last week so had to use the supermarket in town because that is easiest to get to on the bus. But they had no duck breasts in, arrggghhh! What on earth was I going to do. I had a brain wave, and wandered down to the books aisle and sure enough, there on the shelf was a copy of the chinese cookbook I have at home. So I was able to find a recipe, look what I needed to get, but leave the book there, knowing I could look at the instructions when I got home.

I will NOT be cooking that again though, the dish I chose was far too spicy for me, so it'll be something different next time.

If you are thinking about taking part in the theme a day project, head on over to toddler awesome by clicking on the banner at the top of this post.

0 comments :

Post a Comment