Monday 25 May 2009

~*~*~*~*~
FOR TODAY, Monday 25th May 2009...

Outside my window... the sun is shining, although the forecast is for rain later.

I am thinking... about the radio interview I did yesterday and wondering if anyone will hear it and turn up on Saturday for our walk for water. I think I did OK, but I NEVER like listening back to myself when I’ve done things like this. I always pick up every tiny little mistake I made, nope, I don’t like listening back at all.

I am thankful for... my husband being off work this week. He’s booked a weeks holiday and will be here every day, doing stuff that needs to be done as well as maybe taking a few trips out with me or the boys.

From the learning rooms... I need to find a piece to do at the joint churches Pentecost celebration in the town centre at the end of our walk for water. Last year I used the Bob Hartman Pentecost story. I need something different this year. And then I need to learn it before Saturday.

From the kitchen... Well it’s a bank holiday today, so we’re having something easy. I’ll roast a chicken in the crockpot and do baked potatoes with it. Maybe I’ll get some salad, but if not I’ll steam some veggies.

I am wearing... summery striped t-shirt and brown cargo pants.

I am creating... a home that is suitable for visitors, yet again. We have invited friends over for later in the week and there is work to be done on the house if that is to go ahead.

I am going... to start losing weight! Oh yes I am!

I am remembering.... all the other times I have tried to lose weight and failed. I cannot let those memories prevent me from moving forward, I MUST do this this time. It’s a health issue big time now.

I am reading... Over the weekend I finished the Shack through reading it at bedtime. I am moving on to The God Chasers by Tommy Tenney. The copy I has also has the personal study guide and guided journal all in one book!

I am hoping... That we get some nice weather this week, with the boys and hubby all at home all week. I know there are jobs hubby wants to get done in the garden, and those will be difficult if the weather is bad.
I am also hoping that it stops raining in Florida and that my friends whose houses were in danger of flooding get to return to dry homes with the water receded!

I am praying.... For those friends in Florida. LORD, enough already!

I am hearing... son and husband talking in the other room.
Around the house... List for the next few days looks like this:
  • Tidy dining room
  • sweep and mop dining room and kitchen floors
  • change tablecloth on dining table and re lay table
  • clean counter tops in kitchen
  • clean stove top in kitchen
  • clean sink in kitchen
  • clean microwave in kitchen
  • go through fridge throw stuff out
  • Tidy living room
  • Vacuum living room
  • clean coffee table in living room
  • Move small sofa in living room closer to wall (might need to move stuff out of way, I don’t know what’s down that end)
  • Tidy hall
  • Tidy phone stool in hall
  • Tidy coats and shoes in hall (no closets)
  • Vacuum living room, hall and stairs
  • Tidy downstairs bathroom
  • Clean toilet
  • clean mirror
  • tidy back garden so friend in wheelchair can get from gate to back door.
One of my favourite things... is having friends round for dinner. We don’t do it often enough but I love it when we do.

A few plans for the rest of the week... As I said hubby has plans for getting all sorts of chores done this week. But it would be nice if we could spend some time together. I can’t remember the last time we went on a date! OK, so yes, we did have our weekend in London back in February, but as far as spending time together outside of that, we just haven’t been doing it.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
SO, if you want to read more daybook entries or you would like to take part yourself. Click on the image at the top of this post and check it all out.

0 comments :

Post a Comment