Monday 4 May 2009

~*~*~*~*~
FOR TODAY, Monday 4th May 2009...

Outside my window...
It's a bit chilly and cold and damp. Hubby is working on finishing the garden (yard) clear up and finishing and filling the raised bed today.

I am thinking...
That I am relieved my friend's daughter tested negative for swine flu last Friday after her recent trip to Mexico, or my current cold symptoms would have me freaked out! I spent Wednesday evening with that friend, so I reckon I'd be concerned. As it is this is just another spring cold.

I am thankful for...
My friend's daughter's negative test. For the peace that brought my friend. For CPAP that helps me sleep and means I wake up each morning. For a husband who is determined to make a garden (yard) we can all use.

From the learning rooms...
We don't homeschool and I can't think of much that I'm focusing on learning at the moment.
But eldest son finished with one of his subjects this week, which he's rather pleased about, and youngest son spent a few hours at a Samba drumming workshop with performance in the local town centre. They've been doing samba for a few years and have a fantastic teacher, but the school can't afford to pay for the lessons very often so it's been a while since they've done anything.


From the kitchen...
This week we had friends round to dinner and we ate from the raclette, and I made a fantastic rhubarb dessert. Gorgeous. I have 2 bags of cooking apples in the kitchen which I need to use up. I'll probably just make them into apple sauce for the freezer.

I am wearing...
Black velour trousers, and a red patterned jersey top. I would have my ruby slippers on too, but I only just got in and have forgotten to put them back on.

I am creating...
Yesterday I did quite a bit of jewellery making. I did a few necklaces and a couple of elasticated bracelets. Need to get a couple of items posted off this week to friends and then look at options for selling this stuff.

I am going...
To the hospital tomorrow to see my Sleep Apnoea consultant. Hopefully he will say yes to me reapplying for my driving licence and I can set the wheels in motion for that.

I am remembering....
The lovely weather we've had the last few days and wondering if today's wet weather is timed perfectly to co-incide with the public holiday over here today. It seems like it always rains on public holidays.

I am reading...
Not a lot. I did pick up the shack to start re reading while youngest was in a language workshop earlier in the week, but they made the adults come in and take part in the class as well. So now I can count from zero to ten and greet you and tell you my name in Spanish! Oh, and sing a song too!

I am hoping...
That this cold is just a 24 hour thing and is gone by tomorrow afternoon. I simply cannot miss this appointment at the hospital. It would probably take them another couple of months to give me another and that would be another couple of months without my driving licence.

I am praying....
For some more school assembly bookings to come in. I got some really positive feedback from the last one I did, which was great.

I am hearing...
Top Gear on the TV in the living room.

Around the house...
I haven't done much over the weekend and it's all in danger of beginning to SLIP again. So as long as I am not lying in bed with this stupid cold, I really need to play catch up tomorrow while the others are at work or school or college.

One of my favourite things...
Is to eat toasted white bread with lots of butter! But someone has eaten the last of the white bread. And the new loaf of bread is not defrosted yet.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Well, there's the hospital tomorrow afternoon, helping a friend prepare to move house tomorrow evening, and then not a lot else for the rest of the week.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


SO, if you want to read more daybook entries or you would like to take part yourself. Click on the image at the top of this post and check it all out.

0 comments :

Post a Comment