Wednesday 20 May 2009

Gosh, it's been a long while since I participated in Works for me Wednesday.

This might seem odd, but what works for me is learning to leave things not done!
You see, I have a condition called sleep apnoea. That is now under treatment which on the whole is going really well and I have so much more energy than I used to have pre-treatment. BUT my energy levels are still not what I would want them to be, and even with that, I still have bad days, or runs of bad days, where treatment is not quite going to plan and I have less energy.

I went through a time of totally beating myself up over it. Guilt trips left, right and centre!
Those guilt trips do NOT do me any good and they don't do anyone else any good either, they just make a grumpy mom.
So now, I do what I can when I can, and if I can't well I don't!
Guilt trips serve no-one!

Now if I could get 14 and 17 year olds boys to pick up some of the slack that would be even better, but I don't see that happening any time soon. The 17 year old in particular seems to think any request for him to do anything around the house is completely totally and utterly unreasonable. He'll do it, but he doesn't half make a fuss about it. Oh well!

If you want to read the hints and tips that others are sharing this week, why not head over to Works For me Wednesday by clicking on the banner at the top of this post.

0 comments :

Post a Comment