Monday 18 May 2009

~*~*~*~*~
FOR TODAY, Monday 18th May 2009...

Outside my window...
It is raining! It has rained a lot the last few days, and today we have more. I have to go out in abut half an hour and I really want it to stop raining.

I am thinking...
That these pain killers appear to be beginning to kick in. That is a good thing, I have a school assembly to do this morning. I am talking to over 150 children. Don't need to be distracted by a painful shoulder.

I am thankful for...
The opportunity to do this assembly. It's a school that a good friend of mine used to teach at, over 30 years ago. He and another Christian colleague used to regularly pray over the place. So it's interesting for me to now be visiting and talking to the kids and so on.

From the learning rooms...
Today I'm in one school as I said, tomorrow I'm in another, and I will have 2 assemblies to do there, one with Key Stage 1 and one with Key Stage 2, I need to adjust my assembly slightly for the Key Stage 1 group, so I need to work that out and LEARN it this afternoon!

From the kitchen...
I haven't even looked at the menu so I can't say what's for dinner . . . . let me go look . . . . . . Oven chips (fries) and some fish melt thingies I have in the freezer.

I am wearing...
My smart black trousers and muted green jersey top with wooden beads around the neck.

I am creating...
A clean house, after a few days of not doing a lot because of low energy levels due to a rough week on CPAP.

I am going...
To have a fairly busy week, with these assemblies today and tomorrow and an OCC committee meeting on Friday that I had forgotten about until today.

I am remembering....
That I need a volunteer for today's assembly, I hope one of the kids is willing to help me out!

I am reading...
Not a lot at all.

I am hoping...
That I get some better nights on CPAP this week. Since i went from the humidifier one, back to my normal machine, I have been having terrible trouble with mask leaks at the higher pressures. I adjust and adjust and just can't seem to get it to the right position.

I am praying....
For further contacts with schools to be made. I should now regularly be in 3 schools, but need more. I would say a minimum would be 4 schools, better would be 8 and ideal would be 12 or more!

I am hearing...
The rain dripping down the window behind me and a clock ticking on the wall.

Around the house...
Today will be bathroom day, since I'm out for half of the day doing this assembly.

One of my favourite things...
Is standing and talking to a whole group of kids like I will get to do today! I love it, I am good at it, and I hope the kids get something out of it!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
I've mentioned some of it already, school assemblies today and tomorrow, small group tomorrow evening, prayer group with friends Wednesday morning, soaking group with friends Friday morning, OCC meeting Friday afternoon.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


SO, if you want to read more daybook entries or you would like to take part yourself. Click on the image at the top of this post and check it all out.

0 comments :

Post a Comment