Monday 11 May 2009

~*~*~*~*~
FOR TODAY, Monday 11th May 2009...

Outside my window...
I can hear birds singing in the big tree that is outside our back yard. I have the door open and whilst there is a breeze, the sun is shining so I will cope with the breeze.

I am thinking...
That hubby might just get home before me this afternoon. I have to go to the hospital at 4:30pm to pick up a humidifier for my CPAP machine. The journey home is over an hour on the bus and depending on how long I am there it could well be past 6pm when I finally get home.

I am thankful for...
The very quick chance to try out a humidifier. I only got my name put on the list last week and I'm already picking it up. I only get to try it for 4 nights, then it has to go back and if I want one we will have to buy it ourselves. I don't know where the money would come from for that, but I know God will provide if I need it.

From the learning rooms...
We don't homeschool and I can't think of much that I'm focusing on learning at the moment.
Eldest (17) is not in college today because he's not well (by college, to my American readers I mean school, what my American readers call college, we call university, which happens AFTER college, and college happens AFTER school, have I totally confused you?)
.
OK, will it confuse you even more to say our 14 year old who still has another 2 years of school left, will also be going to college once a week from September for an after school Spanish class? Heeheeee. We don't like to make things simple do we?

From the kitchen...
Well tonight's dinner has to be VERY simple since I might get home so late. I'll probably leave instructions for one of the boys to get started on it. Just a packet of diced turkey thigh in a jar of cook in sauce. I'm not actually sure what flavour it is, we got it from a local discount store and while the brand is a name we know and trust the flavour is not one they sell here, only overseas, so the label is not in English and we have to guess the flavour from the pictures, that should be fun! With rice and steamed veggies.

I am wearing...
Brown cargo pants and a blue jersey top with large spotted flowers all over it. Nothing on my feet, because I rarely do that.

I am creating...
Haven't done much creating this week. Would like to make time for that this week. Would like to do some more work on jewellery, and possibly some scrabooking.

I am going...
to the hospital this afternoon, as I said. I will go on the bus, and whilst that takes a while, at least it will not cost me anything. You see, when my driving licence was revoked due to my sleep apnoea, I was given a free bus pass for buses all over England. Only thing is I can't use it before 9am here, and 9:30am some other places.
Hopefully I will soon have my driving licence back. I sent the forms off on Saturday and they say they take up to 8 weeks.

I am remembering....
Some lovely times I have had talking to friends this week. Not necessarily deep and meaningful conversations, but just talking and hearing where each other is at. This is a good thing and something I have been longing for for a while now.

I am reading...
I started re-reading the Shack on the way to and from my hospital appointment of last week, but discovered buses and reading and me don't get on! It made me feel ill! I do want to get on with reading it again and have popped it by the side of my bed, hopefully I will remember to read it.

I am hoping...
That the hospital can be flexible about the time of my appointment to take the humidifier back on Friday, because I have a dental appointment 2 hours before the hospital one and it takes over an hour to get to the hospital on the bus, so if the dentist is running late I might have a problem.

I am praying....
For insight and break though in a few areas.
I am also praying in colour, see today's picture thought.

I am hearing...
The birds have stopped singing now so I can hear the breeze and background traffic noises.

Around the house...
Still managing to keep things a lot better than I was before I got this new energy boost from CPAP. I probably don;'t have it to where some people would want their homes, and there are still the bedrooms to get to and blitz, but I am working on keeping up with what I have done so far and that is going OK.
Today will be kitchen and dining room.

One of my favourite things...
heeheee. . . . is spelling favourite with a u, because after all that is the ONLY proper way to spell it.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Well, there's the hospital this afternoon, helping the same friend as last week tomorrow evening, but this time we're unpacking at the new house. Wednesday I HOPE I'm meeting with a couple of friends for prayer,although that MIGHT have to happen on Friday. Friday I have the dentist and the hospital again.
Oh, and in the meantime I want to get that raised bed in the garden marked out into squares and get started on the planting.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


SO, if you want to read more daybook entries or you would like to take part yourself. Click on the image at the top of this post and check it all out.

0 comments :

Post a Comment